Ответить в данную темуНачать новую тему

> Ahmad Jamal Trio - Complete Live @ Spotlite Club 1958, (UA-IX) / (World)
Jack

persona non grata
Из: Kiev
Listen to: Trance

Ahmad Jamal Trio - Complete Live @ Spotlite Club 1958

Gambit presents the Ahmad Jamal Trio recorded Live at the Spotlite Club in Washington, D.C. on September 5 and 6, 1958. Beautifully remastered and carefully sequenced so as to closely approximate the original order of presentation, these performances illustrate the dramatic interplay between pianist Jamal, bassist Israel Crosby and drummer Vernell Fournier. Best heard at sunset, late at night by candlelight, or in a cozy room softly illumined by indirect incandescence, this music offers the listener an opportunity to savor both what Jamal plays and what he doesn't play. His sense of timing, the way he employs contrasting dynamics and his quirky flair for the dramatic have always made Ahmad Jamal an exciting performer. His Spotlite recordings are filled with surprises and exhilarating passages, such as the spirited rendition of "Squatty Roo" by the great Johnny Hodges. Note that much of the nearly three hours of material recorded nine months earlier at the Pershing Club in Chicago appears to have vanished; one can only hope that some sort of time capsule will one day surface, packed with reels of all-but-forgotten Jamal, and be shared with the public. Happily, a much larger percentage of the music recorded at the Spotlite did survive, found its way onto numerous albums over the years, and appears here in Gaslight's gloriously dilated complete edition. Three studio-recorded bonus tracks have been added to this excellent compilation; these elusive rarities were originally issued as 45 rpm singles.

Part 1
01 Ahmad's Blues
02 It Could Happen To You
03 I Wish I Knew
04 Autumn Leaves
05 Stompin' At the Savoy
06 Cheek To Cheek
07 The Girl Next Door
08 Secret Love
09 Squatty Roo
10 Taboo
11 Autumn in New York
12 A Gal in Calico
13 That's All
14 Should I?

Part 2
01 Seleritus
02 Let's Fall In Love
03 This Can't be Love
04 Ole Devil Moon
05 Ivy
06 Tater Pie
07 Aki & Ukthay (Brother & Sister)
08 You Don't Know What Love Is
09 I Didn't Know What Time It Was
10 So Beats My Heart For You
11 Our Delight
12 Soft Winds
13 Secret Love
14 Taking a Chance on Love

Upload.com.ua (UA-IX) / Uploaded.to (WORLD)

Для просмотра этого блока Вам необходимо создать не менее 1 сообщений

+Цитировать сообщение
TechStep
Listen to: Trance

dirol.gif
+Цитировать сообщение
Ответить в данную темуНачать новую тему